Monday, October 29, 2007

JohnJ_11_I

Why doesn't all the world tell stories?

I really do admire Simmons. I really think she is trying to reteach the way humans communicated in the day before print. It is a powerful way to teach, entertain, and motivate people. But I think that if your really did just tell stories, it would lose it magic. There is a reason for powerpoints, list, memos; and that is time. Lets take from her these skills and mix with them what we already know. A story is a great way to lead off a meeting, a lecture, or a celebration, but I feel that just as a powerpoint with all text, one with all stories will be just as damaging.

Labels:

2 Comments:

At October 30, 2007 at 12:26 PM, Blogger Sarah Jones said...

I think a mix of communication is necessary to get the most out of life. This is sort of where we're going with our group project for this class where we're trying to get kids to interact face to face with each other. Mixing it up and having stories, PowerPoints, tactile examples, etc. really helps us stay well rounded and well informed.

 
At November 13, 2012 at 8:53 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

It was great post for everyone ! I hope you contunue your journey like that. I look forward to participating again!

Texas Ranches For Sale

 

Post a Comment

<< Home