Monday, October 8, 2007

Sarah_8_I

I like this line on page 182: "Listening to people helps them pour out a little of their current thinking so they can make room for new thinking." This is reminiscent of the idea of using others as a sounding board. I like this method for venting, personally. When something is frustrating me or weighing on my mind, I like to just have another person available for me to just spew out everything that is in my head to I can clear away things in order to move on. The other person isn't there to offer advice or even respond in any way. They just exist in that moment sort of as a funnel for me to empty my head and heart so I can make room for something new and positive. And really I don't care if the person is actually listening or if they're thinking about what to have for dinner. Their simple existence is enough.

Labels:

1 Comments:

At October 8, 2007 at 3:23 PM, Blogger Elizabeth said...

Cathartic venting with parameters is a good thing. My ears are open anytime you need them.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home