Monday, August 27, 2007

Your life as a story...

After reading the first chapter, I was thinking back and reflecting that it has been over a year since I applied to my "dream" job which was teaching at Indiana School for the Deaf and I didn't get it and I went to finish my first master that I started beginning of last summer.

I remember all the techniques and tips that was given to me for preparingi the interview and what to do and wear for the interview. Present yourself well... It is a story but in a visual way... What you wear will explain some of your personality... If you walk in the room with a clean dress and suit, people more likely see you as clean, care about yourself and others, have a serious-sense to do their job. The other person, let say a Hippie, was dress up in short and a T-Shirt that has a picture of weed or beer. The people will obviously think he is open minded, rule breaker, lack of respects, and other characteristic that can be negative. I personally don't think story has to be verbal or written, it can be done by action and apperance. You know the saying one pictures explain over thousands of words.

I see we live in a story book and we may percieve the story differently. Sometime it can be the same... Everyone had a different perpective of the story due to their background. I like that and can be able to hear other people story to see their perspective. Sometime we can't and that can be interesting to explore the backgroud to understand the story or show lack of interest to hear more. I don't want to be talking to much... but I was thinking of six different elements of story telling. You can't do all at the same time... Just build on it like job skills from basic to advanced and go from there.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home