Monday, August 27, 2007

JohnJ_1&2_I

I find it interesting that during the opening of the book Annette so cleverly broke in the reader (you and I) with many short, quick stories; and if one were to look at the topic of most of those stories you find most about the teaching of trust, enlightenment, and power. To me this is done not by accident, but by Annette done so that you trust her and her knowledge, establishes her power and expertise, and that she isn't another self help artist.

NOT that I am trying to discredit this book or Annette, I am just trying to apply her own words to her situation. I have a good feeling already that I am going to LIKE THIS BOOK. Its clear, an easy read, and the most important, used stories to teach skills:) Every one likes stories. Now only if this were a picture book. (One of many jabs at Architecture I'll make this semester. If you were ever to look at any architecture publications you will understand that we like our pictures.)

~JJ

Labels: , , ,

3 Comments:

At August 27, 2007 at 2:56 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

I agreed... I think I am going to like the book compare to the books I had to read over the summer which was all about the curriculum and there was some equation that I don't understand. This is more common sense but connect the prior knowledge or expand the knowledge outward!

 
At August 27, 2007 at 4:44 PM, Blogger BP said...

Most literature we encounter as graduate students in our courses in geard toward research in a particular area or some type of academe.

I was also a bit relieved upon hearing that we would be reading a book such as this. Why? This one deals more with a corporate approach toward Digital Storytelling. Finally, a book for those who will be going into/back into a corporate atmosphere after grad school.

 
At August 28, 2007 at 2:16 PM, Blogger Brian Handler said...

Well of course brandon would say that...

This will be an almost uncomfortable change from my stacks of white papers I read all the time. Non-technical storytelling can be just as informative and inspiring as anything else and this is a neat form for it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home