Tuesday, October 2, 2007

Luke_7_Q

I was very skeptical when I picked up this book, not having found much useful in the past 4 chapters. The title of Chapter 7 set me back. "Influencing the Unwilling, Unconcerned, or Unmotivated." I felt like she knew a little more about me and how I was feeling(about reading her book). It opened me up to the story she told in the first pages that then opened me up to what she had to say in this chapter. I really liked what Simmons had to say, until she started contradicting herself. On Page 167 she starts building the very boxes that she spent the last couple pages tearing down. I find it fascinating that I'm using her previous words and lessons to analyze what I'm reading of hers currently. Ideas or similar occurances?

Labels:

2 Comments:

At October 2, 2007 at 12:55 PM, Blogger BP said...

I think Simmons is trying to connect with us on our "level" with this chapter. She is trying to communicate with us as being one of us, rather than being "the all-knowing author."

 
At October 2, 2007 at 3:50 PM, Blogger Brian Handler said...

or she's writing a book for business folks and it's being examined by academics

 

Post a Comment

<< Home