Monday, October 1, 2007

Martin_7_I

I am ever the cynic and it is pretty difficult for a person's story to get through to me. I think I'm just a product of where I grew up. I grew up in East Chicago, Indiana and if you know anything about Indiana politics, then you know how horribly corrupt EC politics have been. The Indiana Supreme Court had to finally step in and stop Mayor Robert Pastrick from stealing yet another election back in 2004. The corrupt jerk had been in office for 32 years, during which EC fell apart becoming a crime-ridden urban squalor.

It's not enough for somebody to talk about their good intentions. They've got to prove it through their actions. When it comes to politicians, I'm not even sure that good storytelling would work for me.

Labels:

2 Comments:

At October 2, 2007 at 12:40 PM, Blogger Martin Ryder said...

Wow, my last two posts have been kind of angry. I blame society. Nice job, society.

 
At October 2, 2007 at 4:51 PM, Blogger Joshua said...

Don't worry about the angry posts. At least your only "virtually angry".

 

Post a Comment

<< Home