Saturday, September 8, 2007

Joshua_4_I

The line that struck me the most out of Chapter 4 was, When you speak, words are less than 15 percent of what listeners "hear." (86)

In response to Chad's previous post. I have to agree with him. Non-verbal is so integral to storytelling that we often don't need the verbal. I too was struck by Jeff's story. Having very minimal contact with ASL it's fascinating for me to see how effective/efficient the language is and enjoyable to see Jeff's stories.

I also think the importance of non-verbal is a validation of what we are all doing here. Storytelling in a digital since is, more often than not, highly visual. Simmons feels the non-verbal, or visual, is the "meat and potatoes" of communication. This makes me feel pretty good about our chosen career paths. If nothing else, Simmons just brightened my day a little.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home