Tuesday, September 4, 2007

Iris_chapter 3_Q

Fact 1: My book still did't arrive
Fact 2. I borrowed it (thanks John...and thanks Brian B.)
Fact 3: I quick read the chapter - and of course the Posts
Fact 4: I realize that if I just take the facts out of this chapter the chapter would be darn short
(see e.g. Sarahs post)
Fact 5: I somehow feel an overload of story and I am thirsty for "pure" facts....
Fact 6: Most of the things have already been said (bad luck of the late poster)
Fact 7: It is interesting to see how people refer the contents of the chapter to their own experience (See Chad and Boyun)
Fact 8: putting these facts together into a persuading story isn't easy -there are way too many ways to do this!

Doc Joe would say "narrow it down!" and "spare the details!", Simmons probably would want me to to go into the "shades of grey" and transform the facts. I could either try to convey my own point of view or try to meet expectations of my audience.....Whaterever....It is an old question: facts vs. story, facts => Story, Story >(facts)

Somehow I had to think of the neat "little" chart of Napoleons march...and I am still thinking that this visual is more factual than a "story". Would the Story be the explanation of the chart? or is that again to be considered as facts?

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home