Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Sarah_5_I

One part of this chapter I truly agreed with was the concept of “let me tell you a story.” The author suggests the whole body-carriage of the audience changes. It’s very true; you want to be comfortable, able to enjoy the story. This happened right before class last week. I was hanging out in the GA room with many of my classmates before class started. Several of us are in Dr. Joe’s Creativity class before, so we have a bit of down-time between the two. Anyway, I was talking to one friend who was trying to explain something to me, and she said “let me tell you a story.” And I remember I did get comfortable. I was already sitting on the couch in there. I took my laptop off my lap and sat it on the floor. I took my (incredibly uncomfortable) shoes off, and got ready to listen to her story.

This brings up another point mentioned in this chapter. It always helps the audience member to identify with the story an “I was there,” type moment. Because it evokes a memory, they are more likely to identify and remember the story.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home