Monday, October 15, 2007

Brian_9_I

Okay, I was reading this chapter and my cynic meter was pegging deep in the red. ("Great Scott!" I was thinking, "She's gone from storytelling evangelist to storytelling deity!" (Thou shalt not tell a story to solicit thy neighbor's oxen.)

Just as I was about to lose my Chick-fil-a lunch I read something that I really respected.

"[The storyteller] may be interpreting the story on a metaphorical level but he is reading from a place of respectful equality that says, "this story speaks to me, too." He doesn't perform the story, he tells it."

That is a great point. Many people can sense an air of superiority.

Labels:

1 Comments:

At October 15, 2007 at 4:20 PM, Blogger BP said...

I agree that people sense superiority. However, some are intimidated by it, and will react accordingly. Others will not.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home