Tuesday, October 16, 2007

John B_Chpt 9_I

Simmons brings up some great points in this chapter and I totally agree with Chad, there is a lot of fluff also. I particularly liked the paragraph on hope. "People are afraid to hope. It opens up to dissapointment again." This is a very risky statement for Simmons. Thinking about it deeper though, I think I want to agree. People today are ultimately despaired. There is so many negative things happening around us, it's hard to have hope for anything. You can't even turn on the tv, or listen to the radio, or play a videogame without hearing or seeing some negative action.

On another note though, thinking about stories and media got me asking myself about stories running out. Will there be a time in the future when we have ultimately "heard it all", or is this impossible?

Labels:

1 Comments:

At October 16, 2007 at 4:23 PM, Blogger Tonya said...

I understand where you are coming from. However, my history is proof that the mind creates its own paradise. Despite what the media or present circumstances may be, some of us have no choice but to hope. With out the idea that there are better days ahead the ability to face life would be futile. We have hope because without it we truly have nothing.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home