Monday, August 27, 2007

Han_1 and _2

Sometimes I am thinking what the story really is. Can everything happens around us and others be storyes? Does it need to have a certain meaning or it just can be a common thing which surround us. In the chapter 1, it mentions that when we tell a story, it must be persuasive to make some to believe. I really like this sentence becasue I think usually people like telling their own stories to others but not like listening to other's stories.
In my guess, people usually don't have patience to listen to uninteresting things for them. Moreover, when a person who tells a story about him/her self or others, we won't beleive it is true if this person is not persuasive. Therfore who tells stories is also very inportant.
How to make the stories be believable? If we want, every one can tell stories, but are we sure that others like it? I like tell the stories which happen arround me, my friends and my family. Ultimately, I found the way of telling stories are very critical. For example, some people can tell stories very interesting, but if it turns to another person who even doesn't know how to tell a story, it will be boring. Why? Is some thing wrong on the syories? I assume that the person who knows how to make the stories very interesting is a good storteller.
IN chapter 2, it talks about "true". The story should be true. How do I think? I think it depends. In Taiwan and China, we have some stories which is called legend. These stories are not true; all of them are made up by poele. However, aren't they interesting? Are't they good enough to listen? I don't think so. Some representative legends even were filmed into the movies or TV. I think it is cheating; it is just give us more imagination. Sometimes, even though we talk about our stories, I believe that it will be more intriguing if we add something which is fake into our stories.
I beleive that stories are very changeable.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home