Monday, September 3, 2007

Han_3

The stories establish the fact or the fact establish the stories? I think this topic is very interesting to be think. I like reading any kinds of stories no matter it is true or fake. Some people can tell the stories or write the stories which is just like they are real even though they are not. I like one part which tells that transfer the fact to the stories to instruct people. The author used the example about how Japanese tell American what they should do or not to do.
I think the fact might be boring, but if we add some thing s fun inside and then tell people, it must be a good stories. Can we say that it is not true? No! I think it just make the fact be more attractive to lure more listeners.
I think every story which is created by people must have some kind of fact there, like people's experiences. I believe that many novels msut include some fact of authors' or other people's experiences; authors just put something fascinating in them to make them be more fabulous.

Labels:

3 Comments:

At September 3, 2007 at 11:45 PM, Blogger kingfish said...

That reminds me of a professor I know. He teaches religious studies at a university (not Ball State,) and is an ordained pastor of a Lutheran church. He teaches (and is very deeply involved in) both western and eastern religions.

When someone would come up to him and ask if he actually believed that the stories he told were true, (both in class and from behind the pulpit,) he would always say "of course they are." Even if the stories were diametrically opposed to each other.

When cornered he would always explain: "Every religious myth is TRUE. It just may not always be a FACT."

He just differentiated between scientific fact and the "truisms" found in storytelling.

I can't stand that spineless little jerk!

 
At September 4, 2007 at 8:19 AM, Blogger Luke said...

I think Han has a great point. Any story worth hearing has truth (or fact if you prefer) to it. Something that can be taken out of the story and translated to our lives.

 
At September 5, 2007 at 1:44 PM, Blogger John "Vince" Martin said...

I don't know Luke. I think "Army of Darkness" is a great story...and there is little to no fact in it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home