Monday, October 8, 2007

Han_8_I

I kind of disagreeing the author's opinion about pouring the old ideas out of the mind. I do believe that we should keep accepting new stuff. However I don't think it is a good way to empty all the old ideas in our minds.
For some reasons, I think the experiences are very helpful when we are dealing with some situation. Therefore, we need what we had already to face the circumstance. When we try to influence people, we can't just use new things to do. I think the best way is to combine new and old ideas to together.
I am saying we need to insist keeping our old thoughts. We definitely need to renew our ideas by accepting new thngs. Nevertheless, I beleive there are still some useful information in old ideas. Moreover, if we combile two ideas together, it would be a totally new idea;even better than just the new ideas. I don't think it can't influence people. Hence, do we really need to discard the whole old ideas? I don't think so.

Labels:

2 Comments:

At October 8, 2007 at 10:19 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Don't delete it, back it up on another drive. And I am not joking here.

We remember things by making connections between brain cells. Each brain cell contains one bit of code. The more connections you can make to that bit of code, the more you will remember. When you learn, most people will remember things one way. In a quite room and usually in the same place. Change it up, I listen to all different types of music when I study or write. I like to move around (thanks to the laptop) and be in different settings. If you learned something in the kitchen, every time you walk into the kitchen, there is a good chance you will remember that one thing.

Back it up: just a memory is created, it needs to be exercised. Revisit photos from the past, reread papers and writings you have written before. Take all these memories and associate them to a new thing. Its like putting photos into an album. And then putting that album on a shelf in the den. If you don't go into the den, or move the album, you'll eventually forget about the album and the photos and memory of those photos. Yet another reason to mix things up when creating new memories, the better your brain will be at making connections and the better chance your will exercise that memory just by walking though the atrium.

 
At October 9, 2007 at 8:24 AM, Blogger Sarah Anderson said...

Han- I agree with you! I think that we definitely use past experiences to influence our current lives. The story the author was telling may have been a very old story, trying to get across a point. True, sometimes you already have your mind made up about something when you go ask someone's advice. (I'm guilty of this) However, I don't think she backed up her idea with a clear argument.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home