Tuesday, October 30, 2007

John B_Chpt 11_I

I appreciated the way Simmons finished off her book. This chapter had several great points throughout it, especially the last few paragraphs. I like the idea that "control chases stories away." I like control in just about every aspect of my life. When i (i'm sure like most others) are not in control, i certainly feel way out of my comfort zone. Here Simmons continues on by telling us to have faith and confidence in what we tell, and that it's ok to step out of our comfort zone as long as we follow our instincts and emotions. This will lead us to more meaningful stories.
When I think about it, this class was a perfect example, I always needed to think about what story I was going to tell. I needed to control my stories by telling myself them in my head, going over certain details, before telling them aloud to the class. I think this is the practice that Simmons is referring to (for me).

Labels:

1 Comments:

At October 30, 2007 at 4:06 PM, Blogger Graffanino said...

I was the same way. I found that I would be telling myself the story in my head before I told it in class. It definitely kept me more-so in a comfort zone.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home