Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Martin_11_I

Ha, it looks like Simmons shares my distrust of stories about animals doing something that teaches us a valuable lesson. They just aren't very effective among adults, especially in a business setting.

Simmons also wrote, a little too late, that we shouldn't focus on the outcome too much while telling a story. That was a problem that I'm sure many of us had. There was the time limit (which wasn't really a big problem and added some degree of strategy, which was nice) and there were the 6 categories that Simmons mentions and to which we had originally planned on adhering. I'm not sure if these things actually negatively affected our storytelling. What do other people think? Let's see if anyone reads this extremely late blog post.

Overall, I've had to read some pretty terrible books in my college career and this was not one of them. Really, this was an easy read and, content-wise, was great. I can't help but feel that Simmons sees too much power in storytelling and her own methods, though.

Labels:

1 Comments:

At November 6, 2007 at 4:33 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

"Overall, I've had to read some pretty terrible books in my college career and this was not one of them. Really, this was an easy read and, content-wise, was great."

I concur.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home