Monday, August 27, 2007

Luke_1&2_I

I like what Simmons is attempting to do in Chapters one and two, but I don't like being restricted to a mere 6 heading umbrella. She can't possibly have covered every reason for telling a story in a six categories. It's a big red flag.

If she is supposed to be teaching us shouldn't she build some faith in her readers first? We know she is a person and is therefore flawed. Annette, show me that you know your theory has holes in it. I don't mind you covering your ass as long as you let me know you're doing it.

Labels:

3 Comments:

At August 27, 2007 at 5:48 PM, Blogger irantoni said...

....hmmm nice strategy if it is like you said she attempted to show only certain flaws (e.g. her problems in confusing right and left) and leave others hidden - which would be logic: lead the attention into a particular direction. Since we all are suspicious we focus on negative things so the flaws she points out get our attention while others stay covered - at least as an attempt from her side....I smell conspiracy....

 
At August 27, 2007 at 5:59 PM, Blogger Joshua said...

It should also be noted that this book was probably not intended to be read by professional storytellers. My first impression of the book is that it is intended to be read by business-types, who would probably be astonished to know that there are even 6 types of stories.

 
At August 27, 2007 at 6:02 PM, Blogger Erik Crosier said...

Agreed. I don't think that there should be the restrictions either. I think that there are too often restrictions put on things as natural and fluid as storytelling and art.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home