Thursday, September 13, 2007

E-mail from Jane Ellery

Hey guys, here is the e-mail I got back from Jane Ellery about our "Health Messages." Think about these this week and I assume we're going to talk about them in class on Tuesday.


Let me take a stab at this, and I have copied Curt Sutterfield, Cathy Whaley, and Gina Edghill who are all involved with the schools in different ways.

You asked for 7 health messages, but I am first going to refocus that a bit to programming areas to see if you think that works with your current thoughts/planning. Some areas I would propose:

Advisory Councils
After School Programs
Staff Wellness
Family/Community Events
School Culture
Resources and Facilities for Change
Key Partnerships
Walking Clubs and Walking Trails
Developing and Implementing Wellness Policies and Plans

If this doesn’t work with your plans, some actual messages that I can think of (and please use your creativity to improve these titles!):

Walking your way to wellness
Eating to fuel our bodies and minds
Great students working in a great community (community engagement)
Make One Change to improve your health
Climbing for fitness
Fun for the whole family
Friendships… I get by with a little help from my friends
Character Counts

I know of that are going on in the schools that should be able to fuel stories in most of these areas. Cathy, Gina and Curt may be able to provide additional insight!

I hope this helps!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home