Monday, September 10, 2007

Kyle_4_I

This chapter was predominately about delivering a story with authenticity. Just like acting this is easier for some then others. The ability to use your physical attributes to emphasize elements in a story is a true skill that can be mastered but just like any skill it can be more natural to some then others. I have always struggled trying to be genuine and authentic when telling stories. I could be trying to hard, forcing the issue to make a point. To me being natural is a funny concept because to be natural I have to work at it, its not natural. It also comes down to your residual self image. When you can accurately visualize the facial expressions you make, your residual self image assists you in telling your story. I would love to have a class discussion on residual self image when it comes to storytelling.

Labels:

1 Comments:

At September 11, 2007 at 12:21 PM, Blogger Erik Crosier said...

I understand about trying to be authentic... when I was doing my documentary this summer, people would open up to me completely and tell me great, great stories. But as soon as I turned the camera on they froze up.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home