Monday, September 10, 2007

Sam_4_I

I think Annette introduced a good check list for us on storytelling as follows:
1.Oral Language
2.Gesture
3.Facial Expressions
4.Body Language
5.Sounds, Smells, and Tastes,
6.Irrelevant Detail
7.Virtual Reality
8.Timing and Pause
9.Tone
But as my experience, there seem in most Chinese storytelling occasion, a stoyteller who gives a good story use some kind of gadget, some visual aid or music instruments. please see: http://www.shuoshu.org/Chinese_Storytelling/Professional_Storytelling/ShenZhifengstorysinging.mpg

Labels:

5 Comments:

At September 11, 2007 at 11:33 AM, Blogger Sam said...

Is anyone know how to make the video as a click-play one? Thanks! I don't want to annoying everyone when you login this blog.

 
At September 11, 2007 at 12:35 PM, Blogger irantoni said...

You scared the hack out of me because I didn't know where the music came from...I thought it's some Asian Spam site opening up or whatever....

 
At September 11, 2007 at 1:35 PM, Blogger Martin Ryder said...

Same here. I could not figure out where the quiet music was coming from because I didn't expect it to be this tab. Fun.

 
At September 11, 2007 at 2:02 PM, Blogger Brian Handler said...

yep...freaked me the hell out

I'm sure dailey knows a way to make it click to play

 
At September 11, 2007 at 4:24 PM, Blogger Luke said...

I agree that visual aids help a story. But does it even have to be an object?

I've seen performances where storytellers act out with their hands and face. The audience is captivated by the objects and characters brought to life by mere gestures that they forget about the performer.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home