Monday, September 10, 2007

Han_4

I like one part which talks about the gesture. Normally people like using gestures when they are talking. Sometimes, we might think the gestures are a little be bothering during the talking if they are used in the appropriate time. However, I do think the gestures are needed some time if they are used very suitably. I think stures can make the stories more interesting and more fun. For instance, if the stories which are about "ction", we must need some gestures to help these.

The author says"The trick is for your gestures to create a picture so that your listeners are seeing the picture rather than your gestures." I like this saying. I think thise sentence has the same meaning whit what I talk about the proper use.

I like using gestures when I am talking because I think they help me make the stories more fun. I do beleieve a good storyteller can use gestures very properly to lure audiences' attention. Sometimes, if the storytellers can have more action during the talking such as walking around on the stage or doing some performances, the stories must be more intriguing than the storytellers just stand there and talk.

Labels:

2 Comments:

At September 10, 2007 at 6:32 PM, Blogger Sarah Jones said...

I agree that gestures make a story more fun. If someone is telling a story and they're up, moving around, moving their hands, they seem to really be into the story. If someone is just standing there like a stiff board or sitting like a lump, they don't seem excited about the story and therefore the listeners don't get into it and don't remember it. Gesturing is great. I don't do it enough.

 
At September 10, 2007 at 9:06 PM, Blogger Poker Stroker said...

Just like anything you can take gestures too far and over do it. Everything in moderation. You can gesture too little or too much. I always felt the subtle gestures were the most powerful.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home