Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Tonya_5_I

For some reason both of the books we are reading keep leading me back to bible study. A point made my pastor during a recent sermon is that human desire is very basic. If you ask your self why you want something enough times it will all lead you to three very basic principles or spiritual states: peace, happiness and contentment. Logically these sam spiritual states can be substituted for those self-interest concepts the author speaks of. As a story teller if you can tap into the self interest of an individual you can pull them into your story. Like Martin, I wanted a Magic Bullet. Why? Because it would allow me to do so much in the kitchen with out the time it takes to screw around with a big clunky blender and it was FUN TOO! Hell, the thing would make me happy because I got to buy something that these terrible actors have convinced me that I can't live without. Happy is the key word. So, Martin, since you arent using yours why don't you box it up and give it to me as a house warming gift. It would make me sooo happy!

Labels:

2 Comments:

At September 18, 2007 at 4:23 PM, Blogger irantoni said...

There really must be something about it......I BOUGHT A MAGIC BULLET ON FRIDAY!!! NOW I am really scared!!!!
but Tonya...."let me tell you what": you cannot cut nice little cubes with it...for smoothies and extreme fine Salsa it is great but with chopping....well you have to use your old-fashioned knives to get perfect results...and dough making needs a lot of practice otherwise you ruin the machine.....

 
At September 18, 2007 at 5:24 PM, Blogger kingfish said...

Both books we are reading? Am I missing half of the class? Oh well, I can take 630 again next time and get the other half!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home