Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Sarah_8_Q

When I was reading the “no therapy zone” I laughed because I felt this part of the book was really speaking to me. I feel like I am constantly bombarding faculty (and select GA’s) on the door and saying “hey- do you have a minute?”

I have a (mental) list of people to go to when I have problems or questions. Sure, I definitely try to figure things out on my own first, but sometimes I just can’t get it. I realize I have a select group of people who I consider “expert-advice-givers” in certain areas. I consider myself a part of that group for some of my friends. I really enjoy having that group as troubleshooters.

Does everyone else have groups like this? I’m assuming I’m not alone on this one…

Labels:

4 Comments:

At October 9, 2007 at 12:06 PM, Blogger BP said...

I think we all do. I think we all "vent" in some way or another. This may include sharing an issue with an advice-giver in order to allow them to relate to the situation.

"You are not alone."

 
At October 9, 2007 at 12:07 PM, Blogger Brian Handler said...

Woohoo an obscure Brian reference! Thanks!

 
At October 9, 2007 at 3:22 PM, Blogger Graffanino said...

I definitely think it's pretty common to have a group of "advice-givers". It's kinda like a phone-a-friend on Who Wants to be a Millionaire - you have someone in mind for different problem areas.

 
At October 9, 2007 at 5:24 PM, Blogger kingfish said...

I think it's a very wise thing to consult with others. It shows that you realize you aren't omniscient and aren't afraid to ask others for advice or suggestions.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home